13.10.14

HOW TO: Gain more followers on Polyvore

Hi y'all, I am asked this question regularly so I thought I'd make a post about it. This is my Polyvore account if you haven't checked it out yet. Here are a few tips that will help you get more followers and more views. 

Disclaimer: they are just tips, I'm in no position to tell you how to handle your account. This is how I've gained my followers, I hope it helps you too!


1  /  KEEP A STYLE
I personally like profiles who follow a certain trend in their set making. For instance, I like making clean sets - which doesn't mean I dislike other types of set -, it is just a way I choose to display the outfits that I have in my mind. Creating a style of your own is the best option, however, you can also take inspiration from other accounts you like. But DO NOT COPY OTHER SETS, it ain't cool. 

This also means I feel more attracted to profiles which don't mix fashion, interior and art sets, I'd suggest you create different accounts for different set types. But then again, call me obssessive, but I love patterns; thus, if you create sets in patterns, say: fashion set / interior set / fashion set / interior set, then I'd be very interested in your profile. 

2  /  ASK OTHERS TO CHECK OUT YOUR SETS
The more popular the person is, the better as your sets will be exposed to a wider audience if they are liked my said person. Nevertheless, don't just limit yourself to popular users since your message will probably get lost in their inbox. Try to make friends, talk to other people, it makes Polyvore even more fun! Last but not least, BE NICE. Approach people nicely, compliment them. Being nice will get you places, it's a huge thumbs up! 

3  /  JOIN GROUPS & PARTICIPATE IN CONTESTS
Joining groups will get you more exposure, and participating in contests will too. I regularly check out sets that are submitted to my group and always like the winner sets of my contests. You can also create your own group and support others! 

4  /  SHARE ON OTHER SOCIAL PLATFORMS
Sharing your creations on other social platforms will get you more views and possibly more likes and followers. Wether it is Tumblr, Blogger, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, anything will help. 

5  /  UPDATE REGULARLY
No sets, no likes. Making new sets regularly will constantly bring your followers back to your profile. I know it's hard, it is for me too. If you're out of inspiration, look for streetstyle pictures or items that you like and create your sets around that. 

Comment below and sign with your Polyvore profile and I'll check it out! :)

Find me on: TUMBLR / POLYVORE / PINTEREST / INSTAGRAM / BLOGLOVIN'

No comments:

Post a Comment